There are many different ways you can use our services – to share information or to communicate with other people. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Datamail Account, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to Datamail so whether you are new to Datamail or a long-time user, please do take the time to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads can be most useful for you, the people who you email most, the people who matter most to you online, or which YouTube videos you might like.
We collect information in the following ways:
• Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Datamail Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account, your preferred language. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Datamail Profile, which may include your name, email address and photo.
• Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you send email from Datamail Web-mail or App, visit a web-page that uses our advertising services, or view and interact with our ads and content.
- Device information : We Collect Device-Specific Information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, your preferred language, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Datamail may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Datamail Account.
- Log information : When you use our services or view content provided by Datamail, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Datamail Account.
- Location Information : When you use Datamail services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Datamail with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique Application Numbers : Certain Services Include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Datamail when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local Storage : We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How We Use Information We Collect
- Cookies And Similar Technologies : We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Datamail service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Datamail features that may appear on other sites. Our Datamail Analytic product helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie, Datamail Analytic information is linked, by the Datamail Analytics customer or by Datamail, using Datamail technology, with information about visits to multiple sites.
Information we collect when you are signed in to Datamail, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your Datamail Account. When information is associated with your Datamail Account, we treat it as personal information.
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect & improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Datamail and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Datamail Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Datamail Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Datamail Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Datamail Profile information, such as your name and photo.
If you have a Datamail Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Datamail or on third-party applications connected to your Datamail Account (such as, reviews you write and comments you post) in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Datamail Account.When you contact Datamail, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this on our own services is Datamail Analytics. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Datamail services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know. Depending on your account settings, your activity on other sites and apps may be associated with your personal information in order to improve Datamail’s services and the ads delivered by Datamail.
Datamail processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We might process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live if required.
Transparency And Choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information You Share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Datamail. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing And Updating Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Datamail unless one of the following circumstances applies:
• With Your Consent:
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Datamail when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• With Domain Administrators:
If your Datamail Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for Datamail Apps users) then your domain administrator and Resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Datamail Account information (including your email and other data).
Your domain administrator may be able to:
• For External Processing
View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
Change your account password.
Suspend or terminate your account access.
Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, Regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
• For Legal Reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Datamail if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Datamail, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Datamail and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
We offer you two step verification when you access your Datamail Account.
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to Datamail employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
Specific product practices
For more information about some of our most popular services, you can visit the www.Datamail.in
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of Datamail is at your own risk. This Application/website is provided by Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd. on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, cyber site disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. You acknowledge that any warranty that is provided in connection with any of the products or services made available on or through Datamail is provided solely by the owner, advertiser or manufacturer of that product and/or service and not by Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd.
Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd. makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website or the information, content, materials, or products on the website, including that
Datamail and its services will meet your requirements,
Datamail will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free,
The quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by you though Datamail will meet your expectations, be reliable or accurate, and Errors in the software will be corrected.
Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with Datamail, site & application -related services and/or content or information contained within the site is to stop using the site and/or its services. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Datamail is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
a) Linked Sites: For your convenience, Datamail provides links to other websites not in our control (“Favorite Links”). You acknowledge that Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd. does not endorse these linked Sites (even if they pop up in a frame) or any links contained in these linked Sites. In addition, Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd. is not responsible for any content or the privacy policies of these linked Sites or for any data collected on you at these linked sites.
b) Third-Party Merchants and Advertisers: You acknowledge that Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd. Does not control the performance of merchants or advertisers that appear on Datamail. Therefore, if you choose to purchase a product or service, you release us from any and all claims you may have regarding the third party’s failure to deliver or perform. We use other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
c) Third Party Cookies: In the course of serving advertisements to this application/ site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser.
Void Where Prohibited
Although Datamail is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced on Datamail are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. Datamail reserves the right to limit the provision of any product or service to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction it so desires, in its sole discretion and to limit the quantities of any such product or service that it provides. Any offer for any product or service made on Datamail is void where prohibited.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses resulting from
• The use or the inability to use our services or access content,
• The cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from transactions entered into through or from Datamail,
• The unauthorized access to or alterations of your transmissions or data,
• Statements or conduct of any third party on the service, or
• any other matter relating to the service, even if Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd. has been advised of the possibility of damages.
Financial Transactions and Taxes
If you make any financial transactions on Datamail, including paying for network services fees, advertising banners, product placements, products or services, you may be asked for credit card or other payment information. You agree that all information you provide is accurate, complete and current and that you will pay all charges owed, including any applicable taxes. You agree that you are solely responsible for any personal income reporting and tax payments required of you by applicable government authorities.
Data Xgen Technologies Pvt Ltd. reserves the right to discontinue in whole or in part any portion of Datamail services or programs with or without notice.
You acknowledge that you have read this agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. You, understand that we may at any time (directly or indirectly) solicit member referrals on terms that may differ from those contained in this user agreement. You have independently evaluated the desirability of participating in Datamail or its programs and are not relying on any representation, guarantee or statements other than as set forth in this agreement.
The question isn't 'What do we want to know about People' It's “What do people want to tell about themselves?” We respect your privacy, respect your decision and just respect your right to be yourself. We keep your personal information private, safe and put you in control.
Last updated: 22nd Dec 2016.